The laboratory is located in the Multidiciplinary Laboratory, 1st floor, School of Dental Sciences. It is equipted to drive high quality multidisciplinary research under the unit focuses on novel biomaterials and nanocomposites for their applications in dentistry and medicine.
The unit is divided to Biomaterials Synthesis Laboratory (BSL) and Advanced Materials Assessment Laboratory (AMAL) under the care of experienced personnel.
The laboratory is facilitated with few equipments :
- High Resolution Desktop Imaging System (SEM)
- Universal Material Testing Machine
- Other Available Equipments
HIGH RESOLUTION DESKTOP IMAGING SYSTEM (SEM) :
- Desktop type
- Variety application
- More to solid sample type or powder with good adhesive preparation.
- No special tools or adjustment.
- Captured image can be save in pixel or data format using USB.
(Source by Google)
UNIVERSAL MATERIAL TESTING MACHINE :
- Consist of Instron (hydraulic system) and Shimadzu
- For testing the strength of material developed.
- Test variety : Tensile, Torsion, 3-point bending etc.
- Printable result
- High precision load cell.
- High speed sampling
- Surfcom Flex 50A side trace type
- For surface texture/roughness measurement of materials
- Available for roughness curve, roughness motif
- curve, filtered waviness profile etc.
- Built in printer, easy handling.
(Source by Google)
OTHER AVAILABLE EQUIPMENTS :
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Automated Thermocycling Dipping Machine
- Fourier Transform Infra Red
- Multi chamber Freeze Dryer
- Ceramic Calcinasation Furnace
- Nanopowder Synthesis Laboratory
Biomaterial Laboratory open its service for material testing and analysis with affordable charges applied. Its also open for students or personnel to carry out test on research materials and attachment or industrial training for undergraduate student.
For further information please contact :
Tel. No : 09-7675754 / 019-9908529
Tel. No : 09-7675853 / 013-9342728