The Research & Innovation Unit is a one-stop centre and an intermediary to our main Research Creativity & Management Office. This unit handles matters pertaining to research information and the financial management of grants awarded to the researchers.
This unit holds the responsibility in ensuring that the administration of all research grants adheres to the university’s or funding body’s guidelines. We provide the necessary information and supports the administration and management of research grants held by researchers.
Headed by a Science Officer (C52), this unit which is under the office of Deputy Dean for Research, Postgraduate and Linkages has two administrative officers and one general worker.
In general, this unit serves the following:
- Manages research grants applications (mainly USM’s Short Term & RU grants) through its established Research Committee
- Acts as a liason between the researcher and the ethical committee for ethics approval of research projects
- Processes various applications ranging from the purchase of research materials, payment for publication of research articles, membership fees, travelling claims and others of researchers
- Processes submission of progress and final reports of research holders to RCMO
- Periodically conducts research related workshops and seminars for continuous professional development of staffs and researchers
- Supplies information, data and reports as per request by the relevant parties
- Helps the school actively in the various money generation programmes and activities